Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Seahorses and Rolling Stone Covers

We headed out for three dives near Koh Phi Phi. One of them was my very first wreck dive but the visibility was about a metre so we didn't see much of anything. On the third dive I did see my very first seahorse. Or at least I think I did. Our divemaster was pointing into a little crevice and making the sign for seahorse. I could have sworn I saw something moving about in there but looking back I am not so sure.


We spent the next couple of days lounging on the beach and restoring our tans that have much faded since our last beach days back on Fraser Island in Australia. We also watched a couple of World Cup Rugby Games including the Canada vs. New Zealand game. Monkey was especially please when his All Blacks utterly humiliated the Canadians.


On our last evening we headed to the Rolling Stoned bar where we enjoyed the performance of a very entertaining Thai coverband. Their interpretation of the lyrics was often a little suspect, but the guitarist was especially brilliant.


On Monday just before we were to leave for the ferry the rains started pelting down. The pathways on the island were flooded up above our ankles in mere minutes. Once again I was thankfully for my backs raincover and the three dollar poncho I had purchased in the Cameron Highlands.


Kirsten drugged herself up on gravol for the trip back to the mainland and her motion sick stomach was grateful. The trip was not enjoyable but it was quickly forgotten when we arrived in Krabi and I met up with Nadine, my first friendly face from home in six months.



<< Koh Phi Phi | The Route | Koh Sok National Park >>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home